Thursday, December 26, 2013

'Tis the Season

Merry Christmas! Well, a belated Merry Christmas.  I truly hope that you all enjoyed a peaceful and safe holiday. This year was a very special Christmas for me. It’s been a long year for my family, between floods and pageants and graduations and school, and it was nice to be able to bask in each other’s health and company. My sister, Keelie, traveled from NYC to spend a few days with us. My other sister, Kieren, and her fiancé Shawn made the much shorter drive from Schenectady to be with us. We enjoyed homemade pizza and monkey bread on Christmas Eve as we continued our tradition of opening pajamas and new ornaments. On Christmas day, we spent the morning with my dad and step-mom and the afternoon/evening with my mom. I had the honor of cooking Christmas dinner, and while it was non-traditional (with a few road bumps) I’d say it was a success.
From left: Our dad, Keelie, Kieren, and myself

We like to make funny faces :)

Super close up!


Above anything else, this Christmas made me thankful. No, it wasn't perfect. But it was Christmas with the people I love and that’s really all that I need. I am so thankful for the wonderful people that fill my life: my family, friends, classmates, and directors. Today my sisters went home and everything is back to normal. I miss them already. There’s nothing like this time of year to make you cherish the simple things in life: friendship, love, laughter. So, Merry Christmas everyone! And may the spirit of the season linger a little bit longer this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment