Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nice to meet you!

     Hello everyone! My name is Courtney Sheridan and last night I was given an amazing opportunity by being crowned Miss Central New York 2014.
    The Miss CNY organization makes up one of many local pageants in the Miss America Organization. Young women ages 17-24 compete all across the country in local pageants just like the one last night. All local titleholders compete in their respective state pageants, and each of those winners goes on to compete on the Miss America stage! Needless to say, I am very excited about being crowned.
    Each contestant chooses a community service platform to promote before, during and after her reign.  My platform is Silence Hides Violence: Speaking Out Against Teen Dating Violence. It is my goal to spread awareness and education on this topic, as well as to push to see New York State legislation put in to affect to mandate public school education about dating violence. Please join me in my cause. You have the power to enact amazing change!

   I am greatly looking forward to the year ahead of me. This organization opens so many doors to young women like myself and I plan to walk through every single one. I promise to represent the Central NY area with integrity and grace.