Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Look at What's Coming Up

     Happy 2014! Just one week into the new year and it’s already shaping up to be amazing. I have a really good feeling about this year, and with so much going on I’m super excited to see the way that things unfold.
     I’m pleased to report that school is going extremely well. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA since the beginning of school, and I am in the top of my class. We have been in the clinical setting for 6 weeks and it’s going really well. I’m learning a lot, and I greatly enjoy working with the residents  
     This month is jam-packed with locals, and I can’t wait! As much as I love being on the stage, it’s really fun to be in the audience and support all of the contestants without the stress of competing. I must admit that my heart still races a bit as the winners are being announced. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to attend the Miss Flower City pageant this past weekend in Rochester. But I am incredibly excited to announce that Anneliese Trust, my 1st runner-up at Miss Central New York, was crowned Miss Flower City 2014! I’ve had the pleasure of competing with Anneliese twice, and I’m very proud of her.
     This Saturday I will travel to the Nasser Civic Center in Corning for the Miss Finger Lakes/ Miss Upstate Pageant. It’s a long drive, about 4 hours, but I’m really excited to go as I have a lot of friends competing for these two titles.  Although I have been in this facility before it was never for the pageant. I am looking forward to see who joins Anneliese, Olivia, Jamie, Stephanie and I in the Miss New York Class of 2014.
The next two weekends will find me in attendance at Miss Fulton County and Miss Mohawk Valley. Both of these locals occupy a special place in my heart. I had the pleasure to represent both Fulton County in 2009 and the Mohawk Valley in 2012. Miss Fulton County will be at the Gloversville High School in Gloversville on January 18th. Miss Mohawk Valley will be held at the Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Central School in Verona on January 25th. Please check out their websites for details about their upcoming pageants. www.missmohawkvalley.com and  www.missfultoncountyny.org

     I really encourage everyone to come out and support the local pageants and the young women competing in them. These pageants provide such an amazing opportunity, and they are completely volunteer-run. Your support of the locals provides scholarships to many deserving young woman throughout New York State.  This is a program that truly changes lives of the competitors and those who benefit from their work with their personnel platforms. Check out the Miss New York website at: www.missny.org for information on additional upcoming locals. Who knows, you may witness the local crowning of the next Miss America.  A “three-peat” would be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment